Buster Rae Karen Humphreys
Carolyn Andrews Rita Hilt
This is the 2020 year Clinics: Date/Place/Clinician/ Click the Link to fill out the signup form then be sure to pay either by check or pay pal on this website under renewal member. These clinics are for members only.
- 03/28/2020- Clinic in Morgantown, IN Tina Nunez Contact https://forms.gle/VkJuew6x1izvyT7t8
- 04/11/2020- Clinic at Dr. Townsend's Stable in Lafayette, IN Rita Hilt Contact https://forms.gle/q8pHGiPR6G6dKJLk6
- /18/2020- Clinic at Crown Haven in Russiaville, IN Karen Humphreys Contact https://forms.gle/F6xh5y58kJKWjiVj6
- 04/18/2020- Clinic at Dubois County Fairgrounds in Jasper, IN Anne Mehringer Contact https://forms.gle/ftTea1rZcriAzzzG7
- 04/18/2020- Clinic at Fly Away Farm in Huntertown, IN Donna Nation Contact https://forms.gle/n7qVLgVZgG2rYoby7
- 05/09/2020- Clinic at Twin Pines in Avilia, IN Donna Nation Contact https://forms.gle/pF4zskK6p76qEyJ78
- 05/16/2020- Clinic at A. Strelinski in Farmersburg, IN Karen Humphreys and Sally Delong Contact https://forms.gle/DCWNVyjjyn2773Qt7
- 05/17/2020- Clinic at Monroe Co Saddle Club in Bloomington, IN Karen Humphreys and Yvette Rollins https://forms.gle/7S5KvVgeUv8iuvy16
- 06/06/2020- Clinic at Frankfort Fairgrounds in Frankfort, IN Cheryl Royer Contact https://forms.gle/b3Fy1iNNnMMzbLaTA
RHPC Despook/Trail Readiness Clinics are designed to assist members and their horses to become better partners. It is a requirement that a horse/rider combination must attend and pass one of these qualifying clinics in order to participate in parades. The clinics are designed for any member who wants to become a better horsewoman.
Clinic Fees are $15.00 for the Despook and $15.00 for the Trail Readiness per horse and per rider. Members over 70 can attend RHPC Clinics free of charge. Prepayment is encouraged either by PayPal or Check/Money Order. Make these out to RHPC and mail to: Red Hats & Purple Chaps 6511 East Landersdale Rd. Camby, IN 46113
Prepaid clinic fees not used by end of the calendar year will not be refunded.
Qualifying Clinics Each horse, driving horse, pony and mini you want to qualify must attend a Qualifying Clinic, which consists of one Despook and one Trail Readiness event. If you decide to drive a horse you have formerly qualified as a riding horse you must attend another despook and trail readiness clinic, driving the horse. If someone else is going to ride your horse she must attend the despook and formation clinics on that horse and qualify as a rider/horse team. It is a once a year event if you want to parade with your horse.
The Mini-horses being led or driving mini horses must attend one Qualifying Despook Clinic. Each mini and leader combination must do a despook clinic. Driving mini's must attend one despook and one trail readiness. It is a once a year event if you want to parade with a your horse
Typically a despook clinic is usually first and will last up to 2 hours. You bring your horse into the arena saddled, carrying your headstall and helmet. Your horse will be asked to wear a rope halter and lead rope. Upon entering the arena there will be items to desensitize your horse. You will practice these obstacles, then be asked to walk them again with the instructor watching. If you are confident with that you will be asked to mount up and repeat the pattern riding your horse.
A Trail Readiness clinic is usually next in the same day and will last up to 2 hours. You will be asked to saddle up and ride into the arena. Your horse will have to stand in a line with other horses and ride in formation boot to boot doing various maneuvers. A check off list of tasks is used to assist you and the board in deciding if you and your horse are ready to parade. If any board member has a concern about whether the horse is parade ready you may be asked to attend more clinics. If you bring a horse to a parade that is not parade qualified you will not be allowed to parade. Helmets and Safety Vests are recommended to be worn at all times.